Beeld & Concept
After some research I decided on the subject Roadkill. I started out with 'cute'/'sweet' as a subject, then Rob advised me to search for the horrid side aswell, making it a contradiction, so I ended up basing my work on roadkill, which is both (cute rabbits vs horribly killed, see below)
Anyways, this is what I ended up with:
The final one:
Got me a 7 which is ok I think, an 8 would've been nice but I have been told to work more 'abstract', of which I am not sure what they mean by it, but I don't like the sound of it.
Ha you can tell I'm kinda irritated as I'm writing this no?
---
Ha you can tell I'm kinda irritated as I'm writing this no?
---
3Dimensionaal Beeld
Now this went really well! We (Iva and I that is) started out really well, with alot of enthusiasm and alot of experiments. Our archive was well-built up which we found out later in the process where we ran in on a dead end and therefore had to look back and that's where our archive came in. Looking back we came by teabags, and what they can do combined with light. We ended up making a huge sortof mobile which we hung in an all-black room (AVroom) with a spotlight hanging above it. We tried multiple lightsources from various corners but decided on one spot at the top in the end. This gave a really nice shade on the floor (which you can see in the photos hopefully)
Now this went really well! We (Iva and I that is) started out really well, with alot of enthusiasm and alot of experiments. Our archive was well-built up which we found out later in the process where we ran in on a dead end and therefore had to look back and that's where our archive came in. Looking back we came by teabags, and what they can do combined with light. We ended up making a huge sortof mobile which we hung in an all-black room (AVroom) with a spotlight hanging above it. We tried multiple lightsources from various corners but decided on one spot at the top in the end. This gave a really nice shade on the floor (which you can see in the photos hopefully)
With these various factors combined: the archive, the mobile, the light, the scent (tea!) and even movement (see movie) we got us a 9 with which we are seriously happy ^^
---
2 Dimensionaal beeld
I don't have alot to say about this, mainly posting because I have to start a new topic about my 2nd period. The eventual outcome of the assignment (which started out with drawing a model) was to combine your work in a book, this 'book' didn't actually have to be a book, it is merely a way to combine it. Anyway, I did like the way my book came out, the way I 'bound' it together mostly. My theme was kinda complicated. It was about the desire of people to want things to be clear. I had to make sure they weren't. I ran out of ideas in the end and Ellen said I should have explored it further (I tried really, but I didn't know how) so I ended up with a 6. (no comment haha)
Anyways, photo's of the final 'book':
---
Serieel Beeld
I think this is the subject I have the most trouble with. Filming (etc) isn't really my thing. Started out making a 10 min walk through Den Bosch, taking pictures. Selected 30 of'm, then 6. With these 6 shots, the actual assignment begins. Develop a theme according to those images, think of a story with that theme. Depict the story. That's basically the assignment :]
I came up with a theme dealing with the fact that when people are interested in something, their interest isn't for long, they'll see something more interesting, and will move on to that. The story along with it is about a dog who sees a ball flying over a fence, he digs his way under the fence and returns carrying a bone. His interest has shifted from the ball to the bone.
I drew the images seperately, scanned them, and put them in powerpoint. Hans gave me a 6. I can't really remember what he said about it. It was probably not advanced enough.
A few shots:




Overall I am satisfied with the 1st Period, hoping the 2nd will be just as good (hoping, definately not assuming)

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten